Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is the most established Paediatric hospital in East and Central Africa.
The hospital provides healthcare to children in Nairobi and its environs as well as those referred from all over Kenya and neighbouring countries. In addition to the one hundred bed facility at Muthaiga, the hospital runs a network of twelve outpatient facilities located in the suburbs of Nairobi and other parts of the Country.
To continue delivering on our promise of quality healthcare for children, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:-
Sales & Marketing Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with the immediate supervisor to define and implement an effective marketing strategy
- Collect, evaluate, interpret, market related data including but not limited to market demographics, market share, and consumer trends, and work with service managers to align service offerings, sales and marketing activities
- Identify target markets in accordance with organizational strategy and operations
- Develop sales and retention strategies for target markets and facility service lines
- Work with the hospital executive and service managers to plan and implement effective sales and marketing programs/activities
- Create appropriate partnerships and liaison to enhance referral activities for specialist and sub-specialist services
- Cultivate and enhance mutually beneficial relations with payers, employers, and key customer groups
- Define and maintain effective customer relationship management system(s) and requisite databases to support the same
- Roll out ongoing customer interaction activities including face to face, print, electronic, mobile-phone, internet, and social media based communications
- Prepare and present opportunities, market trends, and challenges to the hospital executive and service leaders in a timely manner and work with them to take the necessary actions
- Provide technical input for effective brand and corporate identity management
- Work with service leaders to grow customer numbers and expand services utilization
Qualifications, Experience and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in any field and post-graduate training in marketing
- Professional qualification and certification in marketing (will be an added advantage)
- Ability to research, analyze, and interpret healthcare services utilization data
- Knowledge of healthcare industry business drivers, emerging trends, and performance metrics, and the ability to apply that knowledge to inform marketing strategies
- At least five (5) years relevant working experience, with a minimum of two (2) years in the service industry
- Strong communication, interpersonal, collaborative skills, and ability to establish and enhance working relationships
- Individually motivated and driven to achieve high goals and standards
- Competent in sales, prospecting, networking, value propositioning, conflict management, and account management
- Ability to apply Information and Communication Technology including web-based and mobile based applications to support sales and marketing activities
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Must possess a high level of diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality
- Must be a person of high level integrity and ethics with ability to model and promote professionalism
Interested in the position, well, send in your application enclosing your CV together with a one page testimony detailing why you feel you are best suited for this position.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com to be received not later than 15th December 2016.