3 POSITIONS – THIKA, ISIOLO & MARSABIT
Sidai is a vertically-integrated company supplying quality livestock and crop inputs and services
to farmers and pastoralists in Kenya.
Sidai operates through a network of branded, professionally staffed, company managed and
franchised retail outlets and field staff providing last-mile distribution and extension services.
Sidai sells to stockists through its wholesale business.
Their aim is to revolutionize the provision of livestock, veterinary services and crop inputs to
farmers in Kenya by creating sustainable service delivery.
Impact is at the core of Sidai’s business. Through its commercial activities, Sidai is having a
major direct positive impact on hundreds of thousands of farmers in Kenya.
Sidai provides farmers with access to quality products and the knowledge to use them effectively
and farm successfully. This comprehensive approach helps to drive productivity and profitability
across the agricultural value chain.
They are seeking to recruit committed Team Leaders in our hubs in Thika, Isiolo & Marsabit;
• Manage and deliver on commercial and technical business plan
• Ensure hub profitability through revenue and margin growth
• Ensure the shop and the Franchisees are well stocked and managed with optimum stock levels
and no product expiries or damages
• Recommend training needs for staff, franchisees and farmers, identify business opportunities
for the region and communicate progress in each weekly report
• Recruit and manage franchisees, ensure all required documentation
• Prepare sales and activity forecast with each franchisee and follow up to ensure 100% monthly
• Ensure all franchisees trade and operate within set trading terms
• Coordinate and facilitate franchisee and farmer activities
• Ensure 100% target achievement on all business units and field activities
• Ensure daily manual sales summaries are completed for the van and the shop
• Account for all field expenses
• Ensure all company vehicles & motorcycles in the region are well managed and serviceable
• Ensure stock take is done on the last day of every month and quarterly
• Coordinate training and train farmers/pastoralists on best practices in livestock production and
• Lead livestock vaccination campaigns and promote best practices in livestock vaccination
• Lead a team of Area Farm Developers in both commercial sales targets and technical services
• Drive hub sustainability and profitability
Skills & competencies:
• Excellent customer orientation and relationship management
• Ability to lead, manage and coach a young energetic team to high performance
• Strong leadership skills and business acumen
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Good presentation skills
• Driven and goal oriented
• Ability to multi-task effectively
• Understanding of retail, wholesale & Agricultural environment
• Hands on experience in commercial dairy husbandry and management (requirement for
Team Leader -Thika Hub)
• Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary medicine, Business management or its equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in commercial environment – animal health or related
• Familiarity with distribution and route to market models
• High proficiency in computer skills particularly ms-office
• A clean and valid driving license
Interested? Apply now!
Email subject line must read: “Team Lead”
Deadline: Thursday, 19 April 2018